September 20, 2016
'Adventure then Tacos' Gracie Tee: Shop it HERE
Beauties, how do you nourish your soul? I was thinking about this over the weekend as I running around checking things off my to-do list. Life is busy, for all of us, and we put a lot focus on the food we eat ( which is a HUGE part in nourishing your soul) but it's only part of the puzzle piece. Eating right is going to propel you to feeling great and looking better but if your mind is still set on junk mode, you will never feel 100% nourished.
The beauty about our minds is that we have the power to control them. We become what we think. We become how we feel. So nourishing your mind and body ( from the inside out) is crucial. So don't neglect it. Here are some of my top ways that I like to center and get back to a nourished soul:
1. Meditation. I am a huge fan of a little meditation sesh on a daily basis. I know, I know, the word it self scares people off, but don't let it. There is no wrong way to meditate. I joke all the time that there are days I just lay on my floor and call it meditation. It is seriously true, sometimes just taking a 5 minute break from your world and just letting your mind go... no worries, no obligations, no clutter ... just clearing your mind is the best thing you can do for yourself. Even if you are at work, take a mini break, walk outside, get some fresh air and just center yourself.
2. Sweat it Out. Go on a walk, have a dance party in your living room, whatever you do... just move your body on a daily basis. It doesn't have to be something that you absolutely hate. Grab a buddy and try out a new workout class- barre is my go-to, spin is always fun. Getting a daily sweat sesh in really does your mind and body good.
3. Turn the Tech Off. Technology, such a love/hate for it. What would we do without, right? Well, there is actually a ton of things we can do without it. I miss the days when people actually picked up the phone and called you. The days that we weren't glued to our phones 24/7 and actually had a conversation with the person that was right in front of you. Turning off your tech for an hour, a day or even a weekend and getting back to simple things is where it's at. Try it this weekend. Make it a point to banish social media, and only use your phone when you need it, so that you are present wherever you are. You will feel so much more intune with your surroundings and you might actually find that you like it. I know I do when I do this. It's nice to shut out the world and do you!
4. Declutter. I get it, cleaning doesn't sound like a fun way to nourish your soul but trust me, when you take the time to declutter your life, you will feel so much better. Set an hour aside and clean out that closet, or that messy drawer. You don't have to tackle your space all at once, but when your life ( all areas- includes relationships) gets a detox, you will feel amazing.
5. Volunteer. I love this one so much. There is no better feeling in the world than when you donate your time. Get involved. Find a cause that is close to your heart, and see how you can help. When you get out of your own head and lend a helping hand to others ( no matter what it is) you will not only be nourishing your soul but there's as well.
What are some things you do that gives your soul a boost? Tell us below, we loved to hear babe.
October 12, 2019
September 07, 2018
August 01, 2018